The Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA) represents, promotes and defends the interests of manufacturing companies, suppliers and consultants who provide products, systems and services within the non-domestic metal roof and wall market sector.
MCRMA membership is open only to those companies who operate and comply with the requirements of the MCRMA Membership Charter; a Charter which reflects and underpins the philosophy and principles of the leading manufacturers, component suppliers and industry consultants whose products and systems are associated with the construction of the building envelope.
As the voice for the industry, MCRMA works closely with a variety of industry bodies and Standards committees to develop building envelope solutions and to disseminate best practice, ensuring that its members operate to the highest standards at all times.
MCRMA members are regarded as the premier suppliers of goods and service to the non-domestic building envelope sector and are known for their ability to speak with authority, have a full and unequalled knowledge of their business sector and without doubt offer reliability to their customers.
If you share this philosophy then we would be delighted to hear from you!
The key benefits of membership are
- Technical guidance notes for the use of specifiers and practitioners on topics connected with the use of construction products within the metal building envelope in the non-domestic sector.
- The Association holds scheduled technical conferences for member companies where pertinent and important industry topics are explored in depth with industry experts and professional organisations.
- Quarterly members’ meetings to update members on key industry issues and an opportunity to discuss specific technical and industry matters.
- Speakers from industry on topics relevant to non-domestic construction and the issues associated with it for example, statistics, materials and coating technology, sustainability, specifications, legislation, regulation and general industry matters.
- Access to the Construction Products Association (CPA) technical team, industry statistics and members only web site.
- Whole industry statistics and trends issued to full and associate members on a half yearly and annual basis.
- Individual technical committees focused on specific industry sectors for example, rainscreen, safety lines and sustainability.
- Direct input into British Standard and International drafting committees covering, amongst others:
- B/5427 Code of Practice for roof and wall covering
- CEN TC 128 SC7
- BS EN 14782 harmonised standard
- BS EN 14509 harmonised standard
- Representation on:
- DCLG industry advisory group for revisions of AD-L2
- NFRC sheeting and cladding committee
- Member of the CPA Trade Association Council and Technical committee
- Member of the ACR committee
Services for members
- Modern interactive and regularly updated web site which features a free individual member’s page with direct links to each member company’s own web site.
- Technical publications, guidance documents and construction details downloadable from the web site.
- Regular feature articles published in industry journals which are available for download from the web site.
- Projects and case studies from member companies published both on the web site and in the MCRMA Metal Matters which is distributed to architects and specifiers.
- Weekly eNEWS to update members on the topical news of the work.
- Dedicated technical hot line for specifiers and contractors.
- Marketing to specifiers and architects via RIBA and NBS online directories.
You can download a copy of this document here
The Association has updated its Membership Charter to reflect the current concerns of the industry with particular reference to health and safety and environmental issues. In the new Charter, the MCRMA will ensure that its members undertake all work in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation and have a health and safety policy which they uphold both in principle and practice.
In addition, members are required to have due regard for environmental issues during procurement, delivery (including installation implementation) and waste disposal and members are committed to using /their best endeavours to minimise adverse environmental impact in the provision of their products and/or services. The environmental and sustainable benefits of metal are now recognised by clients, designers and engineers alike and have led to a much wider use of metal in construction. MCRMA and its members will show specifiers how to create imaginative and innovative building designs that offer cost-effective and sustainable solutions which will benefit future generations.
As the premier suppliers of metal roofing and cladding materials and services for the building envelope to the non-domestic sector, MCRMA members are recognised for their ability to speak with authority on building envelope design, have a full and unequalled knowledge of their business sector and offer complete reliability to their customers.